VA Loan Program
What is a VA Loan?
A VA loan is a mortgage loan guaranteed by the Veterans Administration. It was created in 1944 and signed into law by President Franklin D. Roosevelt. A VA loan provides veterans and/or their surviving spouses with a federally guaranteed home with zero down payment. The program, also referred to as the GI Bill, has been highly successful and has helped millions of American veterans and their families acquire a home.
- No down payment.
- VA does not require private MIP.
- Limit on the amount of origination fees and closing costs that the lender can charge.
- Limit also placed on appraisal fees.
- Borrower must have a Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) from the VA in order to avoid a longer processing time.
- Borrowers are required to make a one-time funding fee based on loan amount and applicant’s service length.
- Closing costs may be paid by the lender and/or the seller.
Like all home loans, VA Mortgages have considerable details and information to review. The VA Team at Emansland has a direct relationship with Senior Loan Officer, Kinsy Prescott of Supreme Lending who can help walk you through the mortgage process from start to finish. The VA Team at Emansland encourages you to contact us to learn about the specifics of this exclusive home loan benefit. To get started on your VA Home Loan today, call 239-898-1108.
Am I Eligible for a VA Loan?